ROBERT WRIGHT, CRS,GREEN,GRI,TAHS,TRLP
R.L. Wright, REALTORS®
Licensed Real Estate Broker in State of Texas
www.robertlwright.biz I Email Robert
My 'ALL POINTS' Checklist
A home that shows better= MOST MONEY! FASTEST SALE! NO SURPRISES!
- Paint/or clean walls; repair moldings; patch damage walls and paint.
- Clean and wax floors; vacuum tile/wood flooring and shampoo carpets.
- Furniture waxes and dusted; drapery cleaned.
- Remove and store unnecessary objects to 'expand" room size and add spaciousness.
- Repair broken light switches and replace any burned out bulbs; clean light globes or similar type light fixtures.
- For wider appearing halls and stairs, remove any clutter; check hall runners and carpeting on stairs to insure it is tacked down; railing should be secure.
- Refrigerator, stove, sink,counters should be spotless and cutter removed.
- Tidy-up closets; remove & store unnecessary seasonal clothing .
- Insure all clothing are put away and any children toys orderly (as best possible).
- Bathrooms should be fresh, tidy, and clean. Remove any deposits and repair any broken putty around tub/shower.
- Repair leaky faucets and toilets; ckeck all plumbing.
- Tighten all door knobs and faucets; oil hinges; all drawers and sliding doors on tracks; door bell functioning.
- Heating/cooling unit; clean exterior; repair if required; thermostat set to pleasant temperature. for showings.
- Garage orderly; door opener functional; unpleasant odors eliminated.
- Secure jewelry and other portable items.
- Full paint or touch up; repair/or clean windows, screens; front and back doors.
- Repair and/or clean railings, steps, gutters, garage exterior.
- Cut grass, trim hedges; edge sidewalks, weed gardens; eliminate clutter from view (toys, garden tools, etc.)
- Swimming pool/jacuzzi cleaned and operational.
Helpful Hints for the Most Money, Fastest Sale and No Surprises!
Some people are afraid or allergic to pets. So, have all pets attended to/put in kennel or leave with a friend if possible. If you are at home when a showing take place, remove all pets before showing.
Unpleasant odors can lose a sale. Some suggestions:
1) Fresh-baked bread!
2) Sprinkle cinnamon over the open burners just before showing!
3) Use air fresher.
- Close your drapes/blinds at night and open them during the day.
- A well lit house shows better. So for the entire showing leave all lights on.
- Soft background music is a nice, smoothing touch.
- Buyers feel more relaxed when looking at a home without the owners present/if you remain in the home do not offer advice/or follow buyers from room to room, let the REALTOR do the showing. Only answer specific questions and inform REALTOR to discuss any concern with your REALTOR.